At Phillipskop Mountain Reserve, we offer activities for all the family. Get away from the hustle and bustle of urban life and come and enjoy exploring the natural world, surrounded by beauty of the Klein River Mountains and views across the Overberg. Here are some of the activities you can enjoy during your visit to Phillipskop:
- Hike up or around the mountain, or take a more gentle stroll through the valley towards our Waterfall.
- Step into the past as you visit our cave and rock art, now a Heritage Site, and learn more about the cultural heritage of the area.
- For the kids: come and enjoy our Fynbos Jungle Gym, then explore further for plenty of back-to-nature play opportunities, in our legendary climbing tree, beautiful mountain streams, and all around the reserve, where you can discover the plant and animal life and the wonderful rock formations.
- Turn your walk into a treasure hunt and try out geocaching.
- Learn more about the fynbos vegetation that makes the flora of this part of the world so unique and special by booking one of our guided walks.
We welcome Day Visitors (8am-5pm). Cost is R40 per adult and R20 per child.
Why not consider booking one of our self-catering cottages and coming to stay for longer, so that you can make the most of all that Phillipskop has to offer.