Covid-19 Level 3. Phillipskop will be open for hiking from 1 June between 8am and 5pm. However, as rules and levels are subject to regular change, please check our website to view the situation on the day. New procedures for day visitors have also been implemented:
For safety purposes we need to know who is on the reserve at all times.
Please respect and comply with the following:
All hikers must notify us before setting off on your hike. Please send us a WhatsApp or SMS (073 621 1808) upon arrival including:
- Your name
- Vehicle registration
- How many hikers are in your party
- Friends of Phillipskop card number(s), if applicable
- Whether you are paying by cash, EFT or purchased a permit online in advance.
NO GROUP HIKING, all hikers must arrive in a single vehicle.
- Cost: R40 per adult, R20 per child (under 5s free)
- Payment must be made before hiking either by putting cash into the box on the stoep (there is a slot for you to put it through, so you do not need to touch anything) or EFT to the following account:
- Account name: Phillipskop DT
- Bank: ABSA (cheque account)
- Account no.: 4086521884
- Bank code: 632005
- Haarkapper Hiking Trail permits must be purchased online in advance. Day visitor permits for just Phillipskop are also available online at the same site but incur a R5 admin charge.
Please download a map from our website and load it onto your phone or print it in advance. A pdf version can be obtained here. Images are also available on the relevant hiking pages.
- Please respect other hikers’ space if you have to pass on a path.
- No dogs allowed on the reserve.
- No toilet facilities are available at this time.