All orders placed online with Phillipskop Mountain Reserve website (“the Website”) constitute your (the customer’s) offer to purchase the hiking permits subject to these terms and conditions.
Rules of Access
- Hiking at Phillipskop Mountain Reserve is strictly limited to 8.30am to 5pm unless resident in accommodation on site. No entry onto the reserve for day visitors before 8am.
- No pets under any circumstances.
- No feeding or intentional disturbance of any animal.
- No removal of any wood, stone, archaeological artefact or other material.
- No cutting, damaging, removing or destroying plant, nor be in possession of any plant or any part thereof, including dry wood or firewood.
- Do not behave in a manner which is likely to injure or disturb any other user of the area.
- No person may stay overnight except in designated accommodation.
- No firearms at any time.
- Phillipskop Cave is protected in terms of section 35 of the National Heritage Resources Act. Please help us protect this heritage site!
- Do… Take photographs (flash is fine) & use a torch to see the images more clearly. Report any disturbance to the site or evidence of graffiti. Respect the rarity and heritage value of this rock art, part of the irreplaceable heritage of the San and Khoe and their descendants. Remember that these paintings were made at least a thousand years ago, and if damaged they cannot be repaired.
- Don’t… Touch the paintings. Wet or add any substance to the rock surface, or try to chip paint off. Dig into the sediment or remove any archaeological material from the site. Light fires or kick up dust in the cave.
- Fines of up to R10,000 can be imposed if anyone is convicted of damaging or adding graffiti to the site.
All the permits on the Website are subject to the conditions attached to them. No person shall acquire permits that are not applicable to them. Anyone found using a discounted rate (Child, Friend, Resident) that is not applicable will be charged the full adult rate for the whole order. The person purchasing the permit must be present with the group at all times and present upon request a paper or electronic version of the permit to anyone who requests it. We reserve the right to discontinue, or change, the specifications of the permits from time to time without notice, or to adjust our prices in which event you will be informed thereof at the time of confirmation of your order. We reserve the right to deny access or to evict visitors who do not adhere to the rules of access as stated above. Any money already paid will be forfeited.
Disclaimer of Liability
All persons entering this conservation area and using its facilities do so entirely at their own risk. Phillipskop Discovery Trails (Pty) Ltd, the owners of Elzaksa (Farm 606/2) and/or its employees (collectively “the Landowners”) shall not be liable for any damage, loss, theft, injury, accident or death suffered by any person, howsoever caused. Furthermore it has no duty to provide medical or other assistance or advice to any hiker.
Each person who participates in the trails and activities laid out on the property accepts responsibility for making their own determinations and for their own safety, conduct and well-being; recognizes that possible hazards attend outdoor activities and agrees to participate solely at their own risk. You on behalf of yourself and your minor children agree to hold the Landowners harmless and free of blame for any accident, injury, illness or damage related to or arising out of or during any event, including any claim that the Landowners were negligent and release any person associated with the Landowners who provide assistance, advice or aid from all liability for any act or omission in connection with such provision, including any claim that such person was negligent.
Right of Admission Reserved.
All prices quoted on the Website are in South African Rand (ZAR). Prices quoted are per person, as indicated. Payment is accepted via SnapScan whom accepts credit card (Visa, Master Card) or direct electronic transfers (SA banks only).
Credit Card Security and Privacy
The private information required for executing the order placed through the Website, namely your personal information, billing address and contact number(s) will be kept in the strictest confidence and not sold or made known to third parties except insofar as is required for executing order or permitted by law. Credit card transactions will be managed for Phillipskop Discovery Trails (Pty) Ltd by PayGenius (Pty) Ltd (“PayGenius”). PayGenius use the strictest encryption; go to www.paygenius.co.za to view their security policy. No credit card details are stored on the Website.
No refunds or change of dates will be given for hiking permits. This includes but not limited to unpleasant weather, illness, previously burned ground, etc. Exceptions to this will be made when we are required to close the hiking trail for any reason (e.g. immediate danger from fire or dangerous weather), in which case we will notify you via the e-mail address or phone number supplied at the time of booking and offer a rearranged date or refund. There is no limit on the number of permits that can be issued, therefore we strongly recommend only ordering hiking permits on the day of the hike (or at most the night before) once numbers are confirmed and weather conditions are predictable.
The Landowners may, in its sole discretion, change these terms and conditions or any part thereof at any time without notice.
These terms shall be solely and exclusively governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the law of Republic of South Africa. The parties agree that the agreement shall, for purposes of jurisdiction, have been concluded at our office at Phillipskop Mountain Reserve, Stanford. If any of these terms or conditions are held by a court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, then such terms or conditions will be regarded as severable, and will not affect the validity of the remaining terms and conditions which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.